Wild Frontier Ecology is practiced in advising on any scale of project involving built development. We have specialist knowledge of the surveys and assessments required for renovations, conversions and new builds. Ideally we work with a client from the early stages of a proposal, advising you (through a Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, and Ecological Constraints and Opportunities mapping) of potential issues, running scoping consultations, and producing ecological assessments for planning purposes. For many developments there will often be a requirement for a Construction Environmental Management Plan, and after construction for a Landscape and Ecology Management Plan.
All necessary protected species surveys for developments are undertaken. We have significant experience in assessing development on both brown and green field sites, and provide the ecology section of the BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes assessment. Our output adheres to BS42020:2013.
Built Development Services
- Preliminary ecological appraisal
- Ecological constraints and opportunities mapping (ECOP)
- Phase 1 habitat survey
- Bat and barn owl survey
- Other protected species surveys including mammals and great crested newt
- Invasive species survey
- Calculations for achieving measurable net gain
- Ecological Assessment Reports
- Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP) and Landscape and Ecology Management Plans (LEMP)
Restoration of derelict barns in North Norfolk, for conversion into residential accommodation. WFE undertook an initial assessment followed by protected species surveys for bats and barn owls, and following planning…