Thank you for your interest in working with Wild Frontier Ecology. Vacancies are listed below:
Salary: £35-45,000 depending on skills and experience
Location: North Norfolk/remote
Hours: Full time
Closing date: Friday 14th August 2020
Contact name: Robert Yaxley
Contact number: 01328 864633
Contact email: email@example.com
Wild Frontier Ecology is an established ecological consultancy based in Norfolk. We have been in practice for 17 years, and have a loyal and diverse client base. Currently the consultancy has eleven permanent staff who work as a close-knit team to deliver a consistently high quality service across East Anglia and beyond. Wild Frontier Ecology is a CIEEM registered practice. We are now hoping to fill vacancies for two experienced Ecologists to join our team at the senior/ principal consultant level.
The Role of Senior/ Principal Ecologist
You will be an ecologist with several years of professional experience, capable of taking on and running large and complex projects. You will be well grounded in the principles of ecology, and have a thorough understanding of lowland habitats and species. You will be expected to play a part in the running of the consultancy, having a proactive approach, good business instincts and a flair for organisation. Ethical considerations will be important to you. Any additional, or unusual, professional skills that can be brought to the position will be supported.
As our office is in a rural location, car ownership (or use of a car) is essential. In current circumstances, the ability to work from home will also be essential, and this may initially mean that a location remote from Norfolk will be suitable; ideally we will require the successful applicant to take up the post quickly.
· Co-ordinating with other staff to deliver a busy survey programme.
· Bidding for, managing and delivering projects of varying size.
· Building and maintaining strong client relationships.
· Preparing EcIAs, technical reports, tenders.
· Critically reviewing and checking reports.
· Survey work.
· Contributing to staff development and training.
· Contribute to other aspects of consultancy operations.
Key Skills and Experience:
· Associate or Full Member of CIEEM.
· Ecology specialism to a high level in at least one area, including bats, botany, amphibians, or water voles.
· Survey licences for protected species (bats particularly favoured).
· A minimum of five years’ experience within a consultancy business.
· Named Ecologist on EPS Licences.
· Full UK driving licence.
· Experienced report writer with clear and concise writing style.
· Motivated to work independently, and as part of a team.
· Proven experience of the EIA/AA process, EPS licence applications and Biodiversity Net Gain assessments.
Key attributes of the successful applicant:
· An interest in and understanding of a broad range of ecology and natural history issues.
· Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues.
· Highly organised and prepared for a busy working environment.
· Flexible and can-do attitude to work, to meet deadlines and to accommodate evening and early morning work associated with ecology surveys.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, with a covering letter, to Robert Yaxley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 14th August 2020. If you would like to discuss the opportunity informally, please also initially contact Robert via email.